ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Jesus in you to the Jesus in others. Purposeful Faith

If I have faith without works - my faith is dead. Orthodoxy - correct beliefs without orthopraxis -correct behaviour - is dead. Many times when we talk of orthopraxis in this context, we think about living right before God and man in terms of morality. And if we are honest about this, the motivation behind is that I must do right so as to be in good terms with God. Too many Christians faith do not go beyong their individualism. Loving God>must lead to loving our neighbor as ourself. Our faith must have a purpose beyond my personal well-being. The church must not drop to the level of consumeristic culture and climate in its attempt for "church growth". We must motivate people beyond a "feel-good, am-good " to a "do-good" faith. Is my faith growing from a "belief-faith" to a "being faith" to a "doing-faith"?
We are not saved by good-works but we are saved for good works. Are we doing good works and how often are we doing it? Do we measure our spirituality by our "personal journey" with God [ How much I pray, read the word, fast, attending meetings etc.] without the "outward" expression of that walk with God - in walking with our fellowmen and our neighbor? Have I been show kindness intentionally this week, have I done a good deed to someone in need today? Do I look around to be a blessings with the blessings that I have been blessed with?
There's always someone who is hungry, thirsty, without a shelter, naked, in prison, or sick - so much opportunity to be Jesus in this world. This is not for the specially called ones who has an anointing for a mercy ministry. Jesus say " If YOU.....you are doing it unto me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home