ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Prayer - His strong Heart in mine for the new year

We sat at the porch this morning with the "new year" wind giving rhythm for the trees and leaves to do their happy dance. When Nellie started to read Psalms 31, I ran to get my new Message [ The Bible in contemporary Language by Eugene Peterson] to read after her verse by verse. After she finished giving thanks she elbowed me softly to pray. I started with one sentences and then a long pause...I felt great heaviness of spirit...I asked God for strength to be able to continue to carry others in my heart, to continue to be a lover of God and people. I know I cannot do it on my own...I get tired. I prayed that God would raise more people carriers - the stronger carrying the weaker. I asked that God would bring these "people lovers" together to strengthen each other.
Then I requested her to read Mt 11:28ff from the Message> 'Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me -watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. i won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." I said yes to Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home