ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Worth more than a million dollars.

I opened the envelope on my desk addressed to Pastor Luke & Pastor Nellie. Inside was $afewhundred and a handwritten note.

Mom & Dad,
Here's RM$___for each one of you this month. I would say that this is a way overdue moment...
Anyway, thank you for taking care of me, leading and guiding me the best way you know how...
Trust me, I do know how much you love me. I really appreciate the both of you. Thanks!! I love you

-Joash Chan-
UR SON.

I felt some quakering in my being and some joyful grateful tears.
The feeling is worth more than a million dollars.

This $ came from his first pay check. I am going to frame up the money. You will see it on my wall when you drop by to visit me.

Thank you son. I love you too.
Joash has his own blog: http://www.b4jc.blogspot.com

And he seems to write very well - better than me.
What do you think?

6 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah and amen.

A Wise son maketh his father (& mother) glad.

Have another son?

ALSC

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a real treasure when it comes from your son. All I can say is that you guys have done something right. It actually brought tears into my eyes.

Suan Choo

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ps Luke & Nellie,

I am waiting for that feeling to well up in my heart too. You have done a great job with your 2 sons - you see the love of God in their lives.

May you have many more envelopes on your desk and may God continue to bless you richly.

P/S: Butter crabs coming soon.

Kohs Down Under

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Alicia Loh said...

As GOD is our Potter and we the Clay, so are you - the Potter and Joash - the Clay. Many a times, when the children goes out of hand, the parents get the blame but not so as each Modern child nowadays has their own mind set. You have set the direction and your son taken the path and he has grown into a responsible person and it is ALL YOUR FAULT-Kudos to you, Pastor & Pastor Nellie and we share in your happiness and the success of raising your sons into a person whom will be a model for all youths in our church. A word of congratulations is definitely in place for you. Well done my Son as our Father God would have said ! Awesome!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor,

This actually brought my tears down..Thank God for Joash..Thank God for Joash to have such a lovely parents...

_kacau_

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you used to tell me just how fortunate my mum and dad were when we were talking about how I "didnt need the money as yet so I gave it to mummy." Remember you told me tht maybe mummy's saving it for my wedding. [hope not]. So how come you're not saving it for Joash's wedding and framing it up instead??? lollz. No.. kidding. You're blessed to have BOTH Joash AND Emmanuel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home