ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

His Hand on my shoulder?

I really don't know how to say it. I try so hard to hold it down.
The final song was just too much for me. I really tried to control my sobbing, hoping for someone standing near by to put their arms around me and weep with me.

"Many hearts are hungry tonite.
Many trapped in darkness, yearn for the light,
So many who are far from home,
And many who are lost,
Lord your wounded children need
The Power of the Cross.

Chorus
As bread that is broken,use our lives;
As wine that is poured out, a living sacrifice;
Empower us Father to share the love of Christ
As bread that is broken Lord, use our lives

Help is to begin where we are
Help us love the people, near to our hearts
Then give our faith a mission field
Whenever You may call
Lord love Your World, through each of us
Until we touch them all.

I wept for my own incapacity to love as Christ would love;
I wept for more to understand this love;
I wept for so many who are out lost, lonely, trapped, far from a home: without a safe place.
I wept for wounded believers who are in need of wounded healers.
I wept for wounded pastors in wounded churches who need friends who will weep with them and strengthen them.
I wept for them who waits somewhere out there without someone to share this love with them
So few broken bread, so little poured out wine.

LORD HELP US TO BEGIN WHERE WE ARE!
DID I FEEL HIS HANDS ON MY SHOULDER?
Was His hands upon many shoulders? I notice many with red eyes after the service

Thanks be to God..

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Hi Luke, Nice blog u have here... will include u in the blog roll! :)

thanks for dropping by and leaving ur valuable thots... will interact when i've more time

For now, this is a nice prayer i got from the Net, very meaningful prayer...


May God bless you with
DISCOMFORT
at Easy Answers, Half-Truths, and Superficial Relationships,
so that you may live Deep Within Your Heart.

May God bless you with
ANGER
at Injustice, Oppression, and Exploitation of People,
so that you may work for Justice, Freedom, and Peace.

May God bless you with
TEARS
to shed for those who suffer from Pain, Rejection, Starvation, and War,
so that You may reach out Your Hand to Comfort them
and to turn their Pain into Joy.

May God bless you with enough
FOOLISHNESS
to Believe that You can Make a Difference in this world,
so that You can
DO
what others claim cannot be Done.

Amen

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger sbanboy said...

Thanks for sharing .. it brought tears to my eyes too... may I know that His hand is on my shoulder always whether I feel it or not.

Merry Christmas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home