ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The posture for Spiritual Warfare

Pentecostals and Charismatics have to be extra careful in the area of engaging the enemy in spiritual warfare. We cannot afford to be flippant in the use of the Name of Jesus to do war with demons and powers of darkness with the wrong spiritual posture. Apostle Peter is not inexperienced in this matter and he identifies the pitfalls of warfare warriors and advises us on the right posture.

1Pe 5:5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Pride was the downfall of Lucifer. Humility is prerequisite to be seated with Jesus in heavenly place.

A divine compassion for the lost and a holy disdain for the adversary of the souls of man ensures a sure victory for His Glory.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor, hello. We do not know each other. I was searching for the station of life when I stumbled into your blog and read that you have gone to this station before. I too but I am just another nobody on the streets. I am a real person, Christian, filled with the spirit but have not gone to church for a long, long time already. Reason ? Let me just share. When I was in the SOL, Pastor Susan taught about dying to self. I never really understood what that was. Along the way in life, I met up with a lot of disappointments and hurts; got angry with God, scolded God and then I am wondering whether this is a lesson of dying to self. If the self dies, all my fightings die and I suppose I will find peace. Yet the hurts are overwhelming and dying to self is not easy because of the desire to be me. Other Pastors and Christians come and probably they try to bring me back to Church again. The other day, I yelled at a Pastor through the phone because he used the word " hell ". A Pastor greatly gifted with healing and yet scolded me and using the word " hell ". I yelled back at him and said since he used the word " hell ", he himself should just go to hell. Christians fighting Christians. Arrogant Christian leaders. Egoistic common Christians. He has a ministry and his members do not have a spiritual home. They forgive him for his temper. Well, where is God in all these ? Anyway, thanks for reading this.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Luke Chan said...

Hello, how are you doing now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home