ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Spending time with the unchurched.

There were many Christian watchnight invitations but I asked the Lord to direct me to someone, some family that needed the touch of the Lord. By divine appointment He enabled me to meet and minister and pray for an old time acquaintance who was going through a rough patch in his life. He invited me to visit him again. That's good.
Last night was an my niece's wedding dinner and it was nice to be able to catch up with many cousins, more nephew and nieces, and grand-nephews and grand-nieces too. It's interesting trying to figure out the right Chinese termilogy of relationship. Being a grand-uncle does make you think harder what you want to do with the rest of your life.It was pleasant too when they playfully talk about your vocation as a pastor. I am glad they were not afraid to get close in conversation with me. It means that I am still approahable from their perspective. I think that's good.Most of them are pre-christian.
It's sad when Christians are not able to relate well with their unchurched family and friends and our family finds us really weird and drifting further and further away from family gatherings - even worse,for the reason that we are too busy with our Christian activities.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify the Father in Heaven.
Our God is good - ourgig.

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger John Beh said...

Nice to hear you had a great time with your family and relatives in the last weeks of 2004. Can't agree more with you on how we need to relate better with our family and relatives. And colleagues and friends. Christians or otherwise.

Whether we want to admit it or now, relating is a big problem for most of us. Something we have forgotten to do in the hustle and bustle of ministry and making money. Sometimes the two are subtly connected by that thin strand of insecurity most of us would prefer to label as something else.

Another thought, so far, I've noticed when I go on some blogs, I noticed that some buggers (opps, did I say buggers and not bloggers?) do not post their real identity. And likewise, most comments are also anonymous.

I guess this reflects a deep seated cautiousness to be hidden and not accountable for what we are saying.

This may offend some readers out there. But no offense intended, I hope none will be perceived.

Meanwhile, carry on your wonderfully blogging experience sharing a piece of your thought heart with us all.

John Beh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home