ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Emmanuel - My son is with me.

I just drop into my dream zone when I heard "dad", then this big fella drop on me, hugged me and started crying. Boy!!!- I was in a daze " twilight zone. It took me some time, downstairs that it was really Emmanuel - my son - back from Sydney for a holiday - actually he planned this trip for his good friend's wedding. Anyway, he has slimmed down [ Hunger down? ], with long hair, a little more refined and articulate in Bible and church "stuffs". It's pleasantly good to be able to spar with him - mentally. He got first in his song-wriiting class for the first year - that makes me proud. I think if I go to Australia, I will be called " Emmanuel's dad". Here in my circle he's often called ' Luke Chan's son.
So Emmanuel will be here for about 3 weeks and probably wait for another friend's wedding or the same friend's wedding to fly back home again.
Still trying to process through his "crying". The feeling is definitely "awesome".
What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Emmanuel's father,

I was so touched reading your story about the Aussie son's surprise trip home - almost made me cry too.

I heard the young man sang his own composition in church the other day & at the end of the song - there were a few teary eye around the church.

You have done a great job bringing up 2 sons who love the Lord as much as their dad & mum.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, of course it felt awesome. So do you think Emmanuel's gonna be the next Shanon Shah or Adam Farouk?

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah..this is the 1st time i met Emmanuel..He was truly a blessings to us..He blessed us with laughter all the time with all his funny words and actions..

He's really a Son of God...and truly, he really shine the light of Jesus...

_kacau_

 

Post a Comment

<< Home