ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

A widow at 13. Do you weep ?

Today I was weeping for someone who lost her husband when she was just 13 yrs. old, 6 months after her marriage. Her husband fell and died while building a house and at 28 she still misses him - that's the reason she never remarried. W is a foreign worker in KL and according to her story, she is not very well treated. Her boss cuts her pay when the utilities bill is above the usual and she does not get any days off. After work in the shop she goes back to her boss place to cook, to wash ....Her eyes were red as she tells me her story.
I asked her if she misses those Indonesian food like pucuk ubi and tempe. She smiled and replied that she is already salivating as I mentioned those home delicasies. I promised to get her those food. I assured her that the Lord and her makes the majority; she is never alone; etc. She said that God has used me to encourage and comfort her. Knowing that I am a pastor she makes the sign of the cross mentioning God the Bapa [ Father ], Jesus the Putra [ Son ] and the Roh Kudus [ the Holy Spirit ]. She also asked for the Holy Book.
She was actually grinning when I shook her hands and left the shop. BTW, I was shopping for doors. Hmnn.....Where am I going to get pucuk ubi and tempe???

2 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got me wondering what is pucuk ubi & tempe (is it ubi kayu & yam cake???). It's dinner time & I'm super hungry too Ps Luke.
God uses anyone & everyone if they avail themselves to be use. You are a walking talking testimony and I am blessed reading your blog.
Life is amazingly fast when you are not watching...need to stop, look around, does someone need encouragement, help or "pucuk ubi".

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brother,

to get pucuk ubi and tempeh, try contacting Kadijah at 019-3278092.
Tell her you are a brother of andrew leong.

PTL,
alsc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home