ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Together again as a family.

The primary reason of going to SOL [ Station of Life, Lahad datu: a 3 weeks spiritual advance ] was really for a dear brother who recently came back to the Lord after a long wilderness detour. For almost 10 years he had been wondering and being absent from the family. He had loved Jesus before and I know that he wanted to follow Jesus again. The SOL was like a spiritual DRP - detoxification and rejuvenation program. So I made the arrangments to register, purchased the air-tickets and accompanied him to SOL for the goal of spiritual cleansing and renewal. I did it for him, but God was doing it all for me. I needed time for my own detox and rejuvenation spiritually. God did some simple, powerful and significant inplants in my life which I pray that would be incarnated and enfleshed in me.
After SOL, I told the brother to go home to his family [ in another state ] to live out his first duty as a Christian husband and father even though there are ministries that can and need to be done. I called that brother this morning to check. His wife sounded very happy. He has been seeking God daily and have been leading his family devotion. He is waiting on the Lord for the next direction. If he moves it will be together with his family. I do not think that family should be apart in the name of ministry. His heart is not in the money but in the ministry. I am so thankful that a family can be together again. The wife got her husband and the children have their daddy - a new one, of the heart. God is in the healing business. Halleluyah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home