ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Random Reports

On Sunday the church prayed for Jonathan Scully as he goes to England to finish his studies. We also had our last Solemn Assembly for the month of August. Praying that the Spirit of Prayer and Intercession will go on.
I joined the Seremban folks for their picnic cum water baptism at Port Dickson on Wednesday. It was really awesome. We were praising and worshipping and testifying openly at the beach. People were already sniffing with wet eyes and noses. Then it happened. As we started praying for the 4 baptismal candidates, something hit. It was like a revival meeting in the church. 3 of them began shaking and screaming and fell to the ground. I have never heard such earnest prayer of repentance and thanksgiving from their cries. Only a few were not touched by that experience. We had to pass a lot of tissues around as people wept openly. Reminded me of Acts 2 - there were many people watching and hearing the "commotion". We continue singing and rejoicing as the 4 goes into the water, identifying themselves with the death and resurrection of the Lord. Halleluyah.
Was invited to a home cook dinner at Dino & Diana Chow at Klang. Met Eddy G there. Such a small and fastantic world of divine appointments. I know Dino, who knows Eddy who knows me. without us knowing. Understand? Never mind. Never met together b4 or knew the connection until yesterday. So wonderfully strange or strangely wonderful.I am sure there was a purpose to all this. As we converse, we found more disconnected past connections. Understand? Never mind. We had more common friends. Wow.
This morning was great. Someone call, met and we had such a heart to heart conversation. Never mind who or what. The gist is this. I am blessed with honest conversation even though it hurts. How can there be true communion or community without honesty. The honest conversation took the relationship to a new level of trustful freedom and mutual appreciation and admiration. I love my God - who loves me Honestly and Openly. I love God's people who are healed enough to love honestly though not perfectly.
This is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in Him.
I will LIVE in this world in he sacredness of TODAY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home