ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Redeeming lost time

I have been staying with a friend and his family in Setiawan for more than a week now. He had two fantastic children whom I have grown to love very much. I feel and i think I am family now.
We watch 'I am not stupid 2'. Fantastic show. You can laugh so hard and weep quietly in the same sitting.

This pastor and I got to know each other way back during the Morris Cerullo Meeting in Singapore in the earlier 80s.
For the past 20 years we get to bump into each other a few times, hear and there, had some good laughs and say bye-bye.

During this past week we had time for many breakfasts, lunches, dinner and tea time.
We chatted about many things, "preach to one another over the tea table with his wife as the other member of the congregation", we gave altar calls for one another to respond, we laugh, we pray, we wept together.

At the bus stand, we talked our friendship and redeeming lost time. We have not been intentional in our friendship and it was one reason that there were times we had to go through valleys alone. We affirmed that truly closed friends are discovered in times of trouble.

When will you be back? - he asked as he lifted the bags up for me in the bus.
Soon, very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home