ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Joash 1

Most mornings I send my younger son, Joash to the station to get his trainride to the office. In the evenings I pick him up. Most of the time we say little - maybe it's just the start of the day and in the evening after a hard day's work - tired. I enjoy doing it except if I am really tired/sleepy. He never fails to say thank you after every trip, and I never get tired listening to it. IN fact every time he says it, it gives me a good feeling.

Somehow I think, although we don't talk much, we share much. Does it make sense? A kind of knowing - even when there is little disclosure - verbally. I don't really know how this comes about. I felt much understood by him even if I don't explain much. It's good to have him around.

I also enjoy making "food" for him and his beloved. He likes my cooking or maybe he does not complain even when the food is not so good or bad. Anyway, he finished whatever I put on his plate and what more can a aspiring cook like myself ask for. Poor Joash - my "food tryer".

Tonight he will be trying my "black pepper chicken / pork " - brocolli, cauliflower, mushroom saute: Rainbow salad too.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just reminded once again I have a bro-in-law who also sometimes sent me to the train station to get to work and picked me up after work!Best of all, dinner is served on the table prepared by him from Mon to Fri. With no complains, we finished all the food whether it is good or bad!Now he is gone, just regretted have not said enough thanks to him!
Dear All, be reminded,just be grateful to all your love ones around you.
Thank you Pastor, have a good break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home