ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Serving servants: The apple of Father's Eye

The Lord is good and HIs mercies are new every morning.
Day by day we are rained by His Faithful Care over our lives as we journey from place to place during this weeks of leave from the church. New places and new faces - we are constantly amazed by divine appointments.

We are now hosted by Paul and Lydia who are caretakers of a home set up by a Chinese couple who just desires that ' God's servants be served".
After dinner last night, we wanted to help wash the dishes and we were lovingly admonished by our host that during this 2 weeks are are just to enjoy their ministry to us.

i admitted that it's much easier to feel good by doing things for others than for others to do for me. Underneath this is the matter of self-worth by way of our "doing". Again the Lord is showing me of His Love for me is not because of any "self-worth' on my part but His favor and blessing is just the expression of HIs unconditional love.

It's so refreshing to listen to Jason Uptown "Open Up the Earth." The chorus ringing in my ears: ' I am the apple of my Father's eye."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home