ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A few more hugs and whisper " Gluvm "

Pakcik, my neighbour is about 77 years old. Most of the time he is alone at home.In our neighbourhood, he has two friends that will take him out for teh tarik. Mr Yau,another elderly Chinese man and myself.For the past month I was outstation and Mr. Yau has gone to Canada for visit. He has not been out of his house for the last two weeks. His legs are not strong so he doesn't go out by himself. He fell a couple of time.
Yesterday, we went out to One Utama. He had walking stick and chendol and I had Johor Laksa and a new phone. Ya, I lost my phone again. So if you sms -please identify, ok?
In our conversation yesterday, he talked about God giving him time now for repentance of the bad things he had done when he was younger. I kept assuring him that God loves him a lot, alot more, than my love and care for him. I shared with him that love and justice was accomplished at the cRoss, when Jesus became our KORBAN - sacrifice.He was listening - I know he understands about KORBAN. I have encouraged him to talk to God - the Father , many times.
Another miracle - he did not smoke during the 4 hours we were together.He was laughing when I mentioned that to him.
Back at my house, we had Earl Grey Tea. I passed him his 2 roti boy,1 bar of chocolate and 2 bananas as I walked him back to his house. I gave him a few more hugs and whisper to him "God loves you very much."

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor, it is so warm to see what you've done to the Pak Cik..

Keep it on..

Share more with us..

We miss you very much..

-your faithful reader-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home