ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Friday, January 14, 2005

The power of Intentional SMS.

Do you thank God for the cellphone? Especially the SMS features. It is a simple, quick and powerful tool of encouragement [ it's also cheap = inexpensive ].I have used it to communicate simple 'thoughts" to members and collegues.I have personally been encouraged by messages sent to me. Receiving a message just tells you that you are being remembered and that feels good.
Today I was not particularly feeling "high" - physically or emotionally. But then a SMS message came that lifted me: " I am glad i have a pastor who believes in me, encourages me, reflecting the love of Him who loves us all ".I think it is much easire for that to be typed and sent than for it to be spoken.It is not less genuine.
Rather than just using it [ SMS ] for asking or giving information we can harness it as a tool of mutual edification and authentic caring. Of course we must remember that it is not a substitute for face-to-face meeting and sharing.Was it Brian Maclaren who gave this formula: Conversation>Relationship>Movements. I like to qualify it with 'Honest and Loving conversation > Honest and loving relationship > long lasting movements/ ministry.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my mouth be acceptable to You, oh Lord -Psalm 19:14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home