ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

When I first met A - he was really skinny and not too clean - years of drug consumption. Relationship with family was really bad. He finally stayed in my house, came to the church's office with me, attended services - and got clean for some time. Then it was in and out of rehab centers. There was a time we met at a condo's poolside and he was being baptized. I can still remember he was "well fed" and was so happy to be a new creation in Christ. Then we lost contact for some time. The last time we met was this chinese new year [ 2005 ]when he dropped by to say hello - he has got married and have been clean. Tonite I decided to give him a call to check if he has become a father. He was at dinner with family for a niece's birthday. I was thrilled. He is clean, working and I am very happy for him. I told him I miss him and he said " I know and I miss you too." I asked the Lord that his fruit will remain [ John 15:16 ] - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you asked the Father in My name, He may give you. ....I command you that you should love one another. This is a good ending for 2005.

The Youth are having BBQ. 8 international chinese students might be staying over for watchnite. Pray that they will be "fruits" that will remain too. We don't have too much time with them and then they will go back to China. Will they experience and take the love of God with them to share the Lord with their own people? Have we embodied His love well ? Lord help us.

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take courage! I'm sure the seed of the Gospel is planted in their heart. Pray that in God's time, they will come to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour. God bless : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home