ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

reasons for this season.

Last night I took Bill and his sister Angel, Raymond and Edmond and their sister Grace to Church of Praise Johor Baru. There was a Youth Christmas Service with ice-breaker, skits, songs and light refreshments. It was the first for all of them and they were excited to be there.
Since I got to know these boys a few weeks back, we have spent much time together at the AG Youth Alive Huge Camp in Malacca and visiting places in KL and now two days in JB. I do not have a strategy to "disicple" them since they are in JB and I am in KL, so I have introduced them to the JB pastor and church - praying that they will learn and experience life in a new community of believers.
I am thankful that their non-christian parents are very opened for them to be connected with Christians and the church. It is a joy for me to see the boys eager to be involved in the "church".
The time that i spent with them in real life was refreshing to me personally. There were times that I almost felt "like Jesus': going places with his disciples. I am asking myself: "How much has the days spent being with them impacted their future and destiny?" I will be going back to KL with Bill's family as they head towards Ipoh. Bill will be in charge of the 'Duck Rice Restaurent' for the next few days while his parents are away. The parents had good report about Bill since he came back from the Huge Camp - they told me that he is more gentle and patient with his siblings. I think I have extra reason to rejoice this Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home