ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Beloved = Friends

The word beloved in the KJV is mostly translated as dear friends in the NIV.
Would you not consider a person as a true friend when you are truly known, accepted and loved?
The acceptance does not mean the condoning of wrongs, but it means that we do not devalue or reject a person by the fact that the person has weakness and blemishes.

Jesus calls us His friends. I believe He knows all about me, my failings and yet believe in the best of me. Because of that I am most willing to allow Him to touch and transform me.
May we not be afraid to know ourselve as we are known by Him and allow Him to bring out the beauty of the Image of God in each of us.
WE should also take courage to know others in love as we allow ourselves to be known by others. That we might take time to bring our hearts to every conversation with the desire to know and be known, to love and be loved.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger lilgrass said...

thanks for sharing...wud luv to hear more from u. Hope u don't stop writing... =)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Luke Chan said...

Dear lilgrass, T
hanks for sharing my thoughts and my heart...you are a friend and you've got a friend. And Jesus - He is The Friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home