ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

What's the use of crying?

Some people have cried a lot and they know little or no joy in life. Most people laugh a little and cry a little and the rest of life is just ordinary or mundane and boring. Some of those who have cried a lot have also learnt not to cry anymore [ although they could still be crying inside]. Neither can they really laugh or their laughter seems hollow. They have learnt to be tough on the inside and they can also be tough on others. I am fearful of the day that I cannot cry anymore when I refuse to feel anymore my own pain or the pain of others. I realised that those who honestly faced their own pain, bring it before the Lord for His healing touch also experience a true liberating joy. He surely can turn my mourning into dancing. The wounded can be healed and they move on to become wounded healers. They are familiar with their own grief and they are touched by the pain of others. I think I cry quite easily and I am not ashamed. I can also laugh and leap for joy easily. There's always a song and a dance, even in the midst of the tears.
Today, are you afraid to cry? Don't. There might be a song and a dance waiting for you. Your dance partner is also your healer.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God create emotions in man for a reason. One of them is to express themselves to God. God Himself is emotional. Most emotional than any human being because He is the creator of emotions anyway. Crying is indeed not a weakness but a sign of strength in Him. Because acknowledging our weakness makes His strength complete in us. My pastor told me this one time, (coz I'm also an emotional person) he said "don't be afraid to show your emotions". Probably he sound more profound than this but that's the juice of it. It is not unto men we are showing our emotions (in a church setting). It is to the Father. What more when we are going through tough times, and we say "YET I WILL CHOOSE TO PRAISE YOU". It so touches the Father's heart. Makes me look forward to tough times and say that. Indeed it is not easy. Plus some times we run to our friends first before we come to God. Learn to come to Him first and pour our our heart to the giver of emotions and love and grace... And the list goes on. Hope you are blessed.

Continue to not be ashame of your emotions! It is truely a blessing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home