ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

How am I b4 how are u?

I think more and more of the people at FCC church are being set free to share more honestly with one another. That's wonderful. Deep within each of us is the cry to be known and loved. I realised that the way for that cry to be heard is first of all for us to be honest with ourself. How am I today? Do I take ownership of my brokeness and my belovedness in the safe presence of the Lover of my soul? Our forefather comes before his Father in his nakedness until shame came in through disobedience. Then he hides and covers himself with leaves and starts blaming the other species for his pain and dis-ease. How often we cover our shame, pain and wounds and hinders healing. True connection with another humankind is possible when we are willing to confront and know our true self before Him who is unshocked by our nakedness. My self-disclosure to myself paves the way for me to be truly known and loved by another and to empower another to do likewise. So b4 the how r u? How am I?
Today, I am weak, I am afraid, I am shaken and also at rest, I am strong, I am loved and I am loving because I am His. So how are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home