ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Are you afraid to be naked?

His mother instructed me about administrating the medication:
if he cramps - take this; if he can't sleep take that; don't let him hold the medication; make sure this and make sure that. So JR is with me during the Chinese New Year as his family visits outstation. The last time he stayed with me was about 10 years ago. He has been in and out of psychiatric wards and other homes.

JR says very little and I try to get him to share what's inside his heart and his head.
Beside other things, these comes out quite often:
Am I disturbing you? Am I wasting your time? Am I boring you?
Are you angry with me?
Do you like me?

What do these questions mean?
Do "normal" people like you ask them - silently and aloud?
Why do we ask them? Who do you ask ? Are not the "whos" are the SO - significant others?
Big question?
Is THAT abnORMAL?

If it isn't, then J is very normal?
Is he not a reflection/ the unveilings of our inner psyche; the cry of our souls; our primal instincts - To be heard, accepted; to be loved; to be important enough to a few, 2 or may be at least........1?

Have we become so "acceptably normal" to pretend we don't have these questions and are
so afraid of such questions? Are we hiding behind some trees [ of our own achievements and successes ] with leaves of our possessions [ fashion labels, cars, houses or maybe even big churches ]covering our loins, singing our our self-composed out of rhyme songs " I am okie, lalala and I don't need anyone but me, lalala.?

Are we afraid to be naked?
Then, we go on hiding behind those trees - Adam behind the durian tree and Eve behind the banana tree. Isn't it fun to see people trying to talk to one another peeking out of our trees while holding on to our loose "sarongs" leaves?
Psalms 139:23
Search me, O God, and know my heart;Try me, and know my anxieties; NKJV

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The questions seem to be coming out of a very deep insecurity. He might feel that he's a burden to others and no one would trust him in anything even the tiniest duty. He might believes that he is always a heavy burden to people around.
What's normal? Whatever is not consider abnormal. Depending on time and social rules, the defination of normal differ. So... may be we are also abnormal. In fact, we are really abnormal to people lived a century ago. And surely super abnormal to Adam and Eve.
What is normal / abnormal? The choice of Christ on the cross is very abnormal to human being, but that's the reason we have eternal life now. Love cover up sin. It was because of love that Christ choose the path of cross...
Empowered for the nations... by what? I believe it's love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home