ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

My son is back for one month.

I cut short my trip in the Philippines because my eldest son, emmanuel was going to be back in KL for a month. It has almost been one and a half year since I last saw him. His hair has grown longer - really long.

How do I describe my one week with him? Loving him. Have been learning to really talk heart to heart with him - not that it is or has been difficult - just that the desire to really connect as much as possible - wanting to know and be known. He is going to be here only for another 3 weeks and I don't know when we get to see him again. He has one more year to go for his study in Sydney. We have been hanging out much - just both of us and other times with others.

Today we got the opportunity to sit down over tea to "talk". It was nice, pleasant, enjoyable, deep, thought-provoking, may be also fruitful. He talks about wanting to travel as much as possible after his studies. I asked him to share it with people whom he love. We talk about our desires - my desire for him and his own desires.

I think I am going to miss talking to him like that. So I am going greedy. Grap as much as possible of him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home