ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Are you Mr or Miss Cool ?

Artist: Jamie O'Neal Lyrics
Song: All By Myself Lyrics
When I was young
I never needed anyone
And makin' love was just for fun
Those days are gone

Livin' alone
I think of all the friends I've known
But when I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

All by myself
Don't wanna be, all by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live, all by myself anymore

Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And love so distant and obscure
Remains the cure

Last Sunday I included part of this song into my message.Sometimes a song just captures the essence of the message effectively.I spoke about the fear of intimacy that have trapped us from receiving love and giving it away. Maybe as a child growing up we have suffered a deficiency of parental love or some traumatic form of rejection that we have set up boudaries or walls that kept people out of our life at an early age. This 'coverings" hinder us from experiencing intimate relationship with our Heavenly Father and Healthy Relationships with others. So many people cannot bond with people ending up bonding with their jobs or hobby. It's only when they are physically or chronologically incapable of engaging in their career or sports that they realised the emptiness and loneliness of keeping their hearts safe from fear & pain of authentic relating.

Human beings are beings not doings.Beings relate and need affections to thrive. We are created by God to receive and express love. Adam, adam, where are you??? Adam was afraid because he was naked, so he hid himself behind some the image of Mr. cool".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home