ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Emmanuel - God is with him and treasuring people.

Early this morning at 5am, my first born, Emmanuel flew back to Sydney to continue his study in song-writing. I told him how proud I was that he has worked hard to buy his ticket to be with us for the last 3 weeks. Felt his sadness as we hug and wave goodbye at KLIA. He is a strong man and his God is with him - that's how I feel better. Most times I find "goodbyes" such hard words to say.
At 11 am, I got news that my remaining brother [ there were 5 of us in the family and I am the youngest] had passed away. Another unspoken goodbye. Many people have prayed for him for his "weak lungs" condition and he has survived many critical hospital admissions. I hope that he had made peace with God through Jesus Christ.
Jesus said "work while it is day" - I say "let us also live and play while it is day" - treasure the people around us when they are around us, not when they are gone.

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wanted a perfect ending .. Now I've learned the hard way that some poems dont rhyme,and some stories dont have a clear beginning, middle and ending. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best out of it, without knowing wht's gonna happen next. Delicious ambiguity."

~Gilda Radner

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly - life is so amazing. Time waits for no man - the world seems to rotating quicker & faster. We have to cherish the short "masa" we have with each other. I am sadden to hear about your brother's death but glad to hear that Emmanuel is a grown young man. May we spend the rest of our time on earth wisely as it matters to eternity.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Luke Chan said...

Some people are like machines - all automated and running the same everyday - not knowing why. It takes discipline to stop and listen to our inner voice and give it space for expression. Intimacy is so foreign to so many. WE need to rediscover the lost art of making time for making friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home