ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Murmurings of the heart

What happen when the people of your church finally come crashing down being bored with the exerrcise of religious ritualism?
How can I prevent that? There can be a crisis of spiritual boredom and dullness inspite of all the hardwork we can put in in our church activities and programs to make them exciting and interesting.

I am convinced that the crisis of spiritual boredom and dullness is a crisis of spiritual intimacy with the Father. How long can people be hyped up with the most fantastic music or preaching or teaching?

Lk 6:19..and the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all.

Why are people drawn to us as ministers of Christ or just representatives of the Lord in our market place? What is coming out of us..the power to heal?

Jn 10;11 - the good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
Jn 10:14 - I know my sheep and am known by My own.

Do the people whom we minister and come near to us....actually know us..is that the reason that they still are drawn to us..in that in the knowing of us..they find the power of healing flowing out of us?

Or Do they run away from us when they really know us?
Are they there because they do not know us? Am I known by them?

Oh that I may know You and the power of your Resurrection, and the fellowship of Your sufferings, being conformed to your death....i count all things loss for the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, and if I suffer the lost of all things let me count them as rubbish that I may gain You..Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home