ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Friends, Funerals and Family Day.

At my age [fifth decade ], we will be attending more funerals than weddings. Can you think of serving 25 years of your 49 years in the same church? It's a quarter of a century. Wow!. I have no regrets of being in the ministry - not when you have so many good friends among your flock and a few good friends in the ministry. Hard times gives us the opportunity to find out the true friends that we really have. Hopefully it also teaches us to value and enjoy each other during the good time that we could have. I am writing this in the context that we really do not know when we are going to say our goodbyes on earth. I remember what Emmanuel wrote on the wall of his room - "When you were born, you were crying and everyone was smiling. Live a life so well that when you die, everyone will be crying and you will be smiling." I will be crying for my friends until [ and hope that ] I smile during my funeral to see them crying for me. Is this dark? No, its reality. As a child of God, we can embrace our death from afar and enjoy living the abundant life that He has promised today as we live for Him. May 2nd. was such a great day of coming together for our Family Day, Picnic and Baptism at Ulu Yam Woods.

Can we be friends, friend? Talk to me. Peace.

3 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 3 F's - I wish we could blot out the middle "F" but it is a "Fact" of life. I would love to hear the testimonies about the Family day at Ulu Yam...the baptism, the Makan, the Fishing!

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The testimonies were awesome - each one confirming that God uses His church to extend God's love to them. All have found true purpose & joy in living when they surrender their lifes to Jesus Christ. I think it will be very good to do a video of all these testimonies.
The makan was extra - extra-extra - everyone brought generous portion to share.
The fishing? - well the children tried - but no bite.
Why you not there???

 
At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor...

can i talk a little bit out of this topic?...

One of the Sunday sermon,u said u were not Jesus, u said u were not perfect..u said some times u will get angry because of some thing...

In my opinion, people just expect pastor will be more Christ-like than others..people just expect pastor will be a people who be more like Jesus..

Forgiveness,is what Jesus do to us..He forgive our sin..He encourage us by forgiving us..I think u know more than me in this topic..

Some times when i saw u out of mood,or so call in the anger,i will be quite dissapointed..cuz a pastor should be giving encouragement to those who do wrong..and correct them in a proper way..some times your "speaking tone" might be too heavy..

may be my opinion is wrong..but,i really hope our pastor will be a pastor who forgive and encouraging..

God Bless..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home