ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Friday, May 27, 2005

The Not so "Idle" moment.

I did not want to miss the finals of Americal Idol. Ya, I love to watch the "moment" of the person's realisation of his/her victory. The tears , the laughter, the unbelief, the truth....that moment. CarrierUnderwood deserves it! [ You know I know that she will win right from the audition,right? belief me!]
I did not have Astro cable, so I arranged to watch it with brother " D" who has not been attending church services for sometime and who doesn't feel strong enough to fellowship.
Watching the 'Idol" was not wasteful at all. We had a time to connect through the whole show and then after the show. I like connecting. I told him I will visit again; maybe over tea and TV. Did we have spiritual formation as we spent time together over the Idol show - I think YES.
His thanks and sincere embrace for my visit at the gate was another "moment" I recorded in my heart.
It was good to watch "American Idol" with the "jesus" I visited in prison many months ago.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Joash Chan said...

Yes, we already knew she would win... Even though I wanted Bo and Constantine to win

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Carrie since her audition. Something about her that just shine. I knew she would win over Bo.
I think visiting people like that place them in a very relax manner and helps to commune better with them. Sometime when people know that you are a pastor, they kind of act up and especially visiting a guy who has not attending church, what kind of roller coaster emotion he would have went through? Yet the idea of coming to his home and watching this show with him, is a brilliant idea. That puts him at ease and you can see him in his own environment. This is the exact way how Jesus touch people, he goes to where the people were.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home