ourgig

ourgig - "our God is good" hopes to build an authentic community of fellow sojourners of faith, love and joy.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I love His church.

My younger son [ he's 21 ] wrote to us and expressed his belief that we are and have been great parents who has encouraged him to love and serve God. This came with his second month's "offering" to us from his paycheck. It's heart warming, thrilling, yet very humbling for me - knowing how many times I have failed and falter to reflect God in my life. It is either God has covered his eyes from those faults or he has learned to be very very gracious to me, his father. I thought a little further and I gave thanks for the church -the community of Jesus that he and we have been part of for more than 20 years. He has been in the same church since he was born and will be here as long as his parents are sticking around as pastors of his church. I love this church - this community of people who have grown and stick together to be an expression of God's family - the uncle and aunties, the elder brothers and sisters. They have all played a part to raise up my kids to love and serve God. I have this awesome realisation of the power of a "honestly learning to love God" community to bless our children. They watch and have glimpses of "The Cross" at work in our midst - through our struggles and victories to glorify Jesus. I love His Church among us. I pray you do too. GRacias !!!

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Joash Chan said...

Yes, I love this church too.

To clarify :: I have not celebrated my 21st birthday. =P I'm sure my dad knows that, just want to spam a bit...Haha

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Faileth Not. Hallelujah !

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger MTR said...

Heya Luke! Thanks for your kind and insightful comments on my blog.
http://fromthemorning.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home